Monday, March 9, 2009

Avery's first picnic

So precious
Texas playing ball
This is a face that my sister made when she was little.

She looks like such a big girl sitting up.  

So for the first time in months I had a full weekend off.  We decided to take a little picnic to the park and let Avery play outside and let the dog run around.  She is doing really well sitting up, but you still have to be there because she falls sometimes.  She is eating more foods now.  So far she has eaten: rice cereal, oatmeal, peas, sweet potatoes, bananas, pears, and applesauce.  She has loved them all except for the peas a couple of times.  The past few days she has eaten them though.  We also, praise God, found a bottle that she likes.   She has been eating like crazy from it.  She is still mostly breastfeeding, but we are needing to supplement her sometimes.  Today she breastfeed and then took 7 ounces on top of it.  It doesn't sound like much, but this is huge for her.  Maybe now she will start to grow more.  :)

3 comments:

Anne said...

She sure looks like she's growing! I'm so looking forward to the warm weather - we're suppose to get another snow storm today. How's your dog with Avery? She's absolutely adorable!!

Cathy said...

What a beautiful day! Avery is so precious.

Vanessa said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH my word!!!!!!! She seriously tortures me with her cuteness! I am just dying! I love the hat, Reese!!! How cute, I bet she loved the picnic! She looks so big and I can't believe she is even sitting up! She is so gorgeous! BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I'm such a proud aunt! Just not proud that I have never met her.:( I don't blame her for not liking peas! I don't like them at all and my kids never did either. Love you guys!!