Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day






Today I celebrated my first Mother's Day.  Half of the day was spent sleeping from working the night before.  Avery was supposed to nap, but of course refused (she has been doing this quite frequently the past week).  So we went to the mall to have some Mother's Day dinner.  Last week we won a meal for two to California Pizza Kitchen, so we went there to celebrate the day.  Avery was sooooooo tired so we decided that church was not going to work for her this week, so instead we walked around.  We really needed some time as a family anyway.  We did some shopping and Wes bought me a couple of needed summer outfits, so sweet.  Anyways, I just wanted to share how wonderful it is to be a mom to my adorable, sweet, stubborn, and very busy child.  I now know how important the day is to celebrate.  God is so good.  Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.  

2 comments:

Serenity said...

Your little Avery should be on the cover of magazines. The little faces she makes are too adorable! I love the first picture!! Glad you had a good mother's day!

Cathy said...

Awww Avery is so happy! I love it. Congrats on your first Mother's Day!!! Sounds like it was great.