Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Doctors appointment



So Avery had her one month check up yesterday and she weighs in at 7 pounds 10 ounces and was 20 inches long. He said she had gained 26 ounces in 22 days! That is a huge weight gain. I guess I don't have to worry too much if she is getting enough milk. He gave me some new prescriptions for her tummy to see if they help. I have started to put her in her bouncy seat at the end of the night when her tummy bothers her the most and that has seemed to help. I also started to use a sound machine which has also made a difference. I have not had any lactose in 5 days now, very hard for me, and it seems to be helping a little. I may try to reintroduce it to see how much of a difference it is actually making. I miss cheese!! Otherwise he gave her a clean bill of health. I have included some pics of her nursery since some of you have not seen it complete. They aren't the best pics, sorry I am not the best photographer. We are looking forward to my dad coming tomorrow, he can't wait to meet her for the first time. We also have my work shower tomorrow, since I had delivered already and missed my last one.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

What a beautiful nursery! I love the wall paintings.

Serenity said...

Hey Lorisa, it's Serenity, Vanessa's sister in law. I found your blog through hers. Your nursery is so cute!! I love it! And your little Avery!!! Wow, all that hair. Such a precious little girl! So Sweet!!

Vanessa said...

Reeses,
I finally have a computer, but just for the night. Just wanted to leave a comment while I could and let you know how much I am enjoying Avery's pictures! She is sooo cute and I want to nibble on her! We are going to see you soon! Keep up the good work being a mommy! I'm so proud of you:) and so excited to see you guys! We love you sooo much!

AnnaMarie said...

Wes and Lorisa, Saw your blog through Jan's. Great to see you're doing well adjusting to life as parents. What a beautiful little peanut you have. I've kept up-to-date with all of your excitement through the Seal Family gossip line, but it's great to see pics of Avery. Blessings to you! --AnnaMarie